March 23, 2008

Smörrebröd etc.

What stereotypical Danes we are. Put all of us together and we'll drink schnaps, eat smörrebröd, drink some more schnaps and add some beer to that, and say 'skååål' (cheeeers!) every five minutes. The Danes are quite simple and easy going folks. Really, just give us some cold ones and we'll get along no matter what. I haven't seen some of my family for five years or so, and yet my cousins are just as silly and funny as always. I mean, the only change you can actually notice are their kids growing up, part from that they're the same people.

Smörrebröd, traditional multi-topping sandwiches.

Left: Gathering in the kitchen. Right: me and the familys no. 2 foreigner, the Dutch guy.

Left: Dad in the kitchen. Right: Granny (impressive 89 years) with my silly cousin (right) and his lovely wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I miss you all when I see these pictures!

mmm

Anonymous said...

Silly cousin..what do you mean by that?? He looks like a nice person!!