April 23, 2008

Five star treatment

A five star first day. All thanks to my moms cousin that took me out for sights. After a tall americano at Starbucks we headed for Asakusa temple which was completely crowded. Regretfully I missed the cherry blossoms this year, but I found some late bloomers here and there along the way.

After Asakusa we took a boat ride to Odaiba, the artificial island created for sole business and pleasure. Sun was out, 21 C and a light breeze. We stopped for cake with a skyline view at Odaiba before heading back downtown to the royal palace park.

I was told that all the greens (see below) were completely white and pink a couple weeks ago (yeah, just rub it in already) from cherry flowers. But I caught a few late bloomers (different kind of cherry tree) here as well. And there are worse places to be a homeless cat than the palace park.


Ended the day on the 36th floor in Marunouchi having the best sashimi ever. I really appreciate the Japanese attitude towards food. Small but many and various dishes to slowly make you full. Especially if it's an 8 course dinner it's kinda impossible to scoop food into your mouth. This place made dinner look like art. And taste like heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beatiful green and the cherryblossoms. Glad to know
that you had a great time with
my cousin!


mmm