April 3, 2008

A potential threat


There are streets you hard ever walk in your own city. One street, which is inofficially called hair dresser street (frisörgatan) is that kind of street. People might use it as a short cut, and there's more hair dressers in that street than anywhere else I think. I visited my hair dresser today so I happened to walk on this very street which has now been blessed with what could be a huge potential threat to my personal economy. A French bistro.

Sure, we have some bistros of that kind, but there's not a lot of them. Especially not in that part of town (city center, shopping district). I have not seen this very particular one before and after hooking up with Matt, hungry as always, I suggested we try it. Ma cuisine. Owned and run by Jeff who speaks French to us. I don't understand a word except for Beaujolais when he gives us the wine list tour. I'm really not gonna bore you with details, if you live in Göteborg, just go. The service is half the joy, the food is superb and Jeff and his staff are friendly and efficient. He kisses my hand as we leave and I'm seriously thinking of putting myself on their black list. For my the well being of my economy.

It's 8 pm and look. Spring IS here. Downtown Göteborg, close to the harbour on our way home after dinner.

No comments: