March 30, 2008

Function in a junction

I, like many others, enjoy driving a car. I truly do. There's just this one thing called round-abouts. Don't mind round-abouts in general, and I'm sure every city in the world has their own favorite nightmare round-about. I started thinking about what makes Göteborgs worst (according to me) round-about Korsvägen so not likeable. As short as I could possibly, here goes:

- you must give way, not only before entering the RA but also when you're already IN the RA because...
- there are no more than six different street car lines that pass the RA in six directions
- add about ten bus lines to that in four directions
- and then of course they had to put cross walks all over the place and pedestrians, no offense to them, have preference.


I don't mean to disrespect Hanger Lane junction (inspired this post via the factoid blog and voted Britains no 1. most frightening junction) in ANY way, but Korsvägen is not a happy place to be. I suppose I'm lucky to have taken my license here, being able to practice in the RA. But no people, underground, think below surface next time!

Spagetti junction in Birmingham got beat by Hanger Lane, but makes a way cooler impression!

2 comments: